August 2019: CLICK HERE TO READ THE ISSUE
(Please give the page a little time to load)
Over the past 20 years, China has deepened its relationship with the region, moving from energy customer to low-cost contractor and trader, to prime partner and major investor. This month’s cover story looks at this astonishing transformation, which owes its genesis to China’s Belt and Road Initiative, the $1tn plus programme launched by Beijing in 2013 to develop trade routes for Chinese exports.
This month’s exclusive Big Interview features Yu Tao, president and CEO of China State Construction Engineering Corporation Middle East, who reveals the firm’s long-term strategy in the region.
Our aviation industry report, meanwhile, examines the wide-ranging internal and external threats faced by Gulf carriers and the impact that intense competition, oil price volatility and geopolitical issues are having on profitability. The report also looks at airport investment, which is set to continue, despite the changing fortunes of some of the biggest carriers.
Our Market Focus section brings you the latest analysis on the Maghreb economies of Algeria, Libya, Tunisia and Morocco, as North African governments grapple with the challenge of pursuing austerity and market reform against a backdrop of popular frustration.
The August 2019 issue also includes:
- Board report August 2019: The last month’s top news stories at a glance
- Interview: Selina Yuan, president of Alibaba Cloud Intelligence International
- Current affairs: Saudi and Russia energy interests align
- Industry 4.0: Abu Dhabi braces for industrial evolution
- Iraq: Oil sector hit by US-Iran tensions
- Expo 2020: Pursuing the digital transformation of Middle East industry
- Legal: Oman outlines PPP law and privatisation framework
- Technology: From bricks to bots
- Spending brief: Regional energy goals see gas project uptick
- Projects analysis: Saudi market outperforms rest of Gulf
- Business outlook: Finance, oil and gas, construction, power and water contracts and deals
We hope you enjoy the August issue of MEED Business Review.
A MEED Subscription...
Subscribe or upgrade your current MEED.com package to support your strategic planning with the MENA region’s best source of business information. Proceed to our online shop below to find out more about the features in each package.